Los Angeles released its first unofficial depth chart of the preseason on Saturday.
While there aren't too many surprises, here are a few highlights from the list. Remember, the depth chart is unofficial and is subject to change at any time.
- The offensive unit looks just about the same as it did on the final unofficial depth chart of 2017. The only change is Brandin Cooks now in as Los Angeles' third wide receiver.
- The starters are listed in '11' personnel, which is what the Rams utilized 81 percent of the time in 2017. In this personnel grouping, there's one running back, one tight end, and three wide receivers.
- Despite his two-game suspension to open the year, Jamon Brown is still listed as the starter at right guard. Fellow offensive lineman Austin Blythe — widely thought of as the current leader in the clubhouse to replace Brown at the beginning of the season — is listed as the backup center.
- The rookie draft picks on the offensive line are all listed at third string — Joe Notebom at left tackle, Jamil Demby at left guard, and Brian Allen at center. Still, all three have been cross-training at other positions.
- Back after a season-ending knee injury, tight end Temarrick Hemingway is listed as the third-string tight end behind Tyler Higbee and Gerald Everett.
- The defense looks significantly different to start the preseason with six new starters listed: nose tackle Ndamukong Suh, outside linebacker Matt Longacre, outside linebacker Samson Ebukam, inside linebacker Cory Littleton, cornerback Marcus Peters, and cornerback Aqib Talib.
- Though he's currently on the "did not report" list, defensive tackle Aaron Donald is still listed among the starters. Ethan Westbrooks is listed as the second-string defensive tackle. He's been taking many of the snaps in Donald's stead during training camp.
- There are two rookies listed with the second-string defense: defensive end John Franklin-Myers and outside linebacker Justin Lawler. They're behind Michael Brockers and Samson Ebukam, respectively.
- Mark Barron is also listed with the starters at inside linebacker. According to head coach Sean McVay, Barron has been taking the walk-thru snaps at ILB next to Littleton, the defensive signal-caller. Ramik Wilson, however, has been repping at inside linebacker during practice to keep the wear and tear off Barron.
- With the Rams listing their base defense — three down linemen, four linebackers, four members of the secondary — cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman is listed as a second-string cornerback with Sam Shields. Robey-Coleman, however, will likely start plenty of games to combat three wide-receiver sets.
- Like the offensive unit, there's not much change to the specialists heading into the 2018 preseason. Kicker Greg Zuerlein is back to being listed as a starter after finishing the 2017 season on injured reserve. Kicker Sam Ficken is listed behind him.
- All-Pro Pharoh Cooper is also listed as the first-string kick and punt returner. Wide receiver Cooper Kupp is listed behind him at punt returner, while wide receiver Mike Thomas is listed behind him as kick returner.
You can view the full unofficial depth chart HERE.