No Results Available
No results. Try adjusting the filters.
TRANSACTIONS: Selected by the Rams in the fifth round (169th overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft (4/27/18).
Selected by the Rams in the fifth round (169th overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft (4/27/18).
- Has started 46 of his 54 regular season and playoff games played from 2019-2021.
- Has played more than 1,000 snaps in each of the last two seasons, according to TruMedia.com.
- Started all four playoff games and all 17 regular season games during the Rams' championship season in 2021.
- According to Pro Football Focus, his six sacks allowed in 2021 tied for sixth-best among offensive linemen with at least 20% of the league's highest play volume.
- Allowed only 1.0 sack and started at both guard positions his rookie year.
- Made his first start in 2019 for a Week 7 contest in Atlanta.
- Made his NFL debut on special teams in a Week 1 win at Carolina in 2019.
Edwards was a three-star recruit that played three seasons at quarterback for the Downers Grove North. He also played defensive end, outside linebacker and long snapper, helping to lead his team to a pair of state quarterfinal appearances. As an option quarterback, he generated more than 2,000 yards and garnered all-area status as a sophmore. The senior team captain also was a four-year letter winner and two-year team captain in basketball in high school. He is the son of David and Pamela Edwards. His father played football at Indiana University. He majored in finance, investment and banking.
In partnership with EVERFI's Character Playbook last year, David Edwards helped kickoff the Rams' four-month virtual Mental Health series for LA region students grades 6-9. He virtually led a 45-minute session for more than 700 students and discussed mental wellness basics with Rams Sports Psychologist Carrie Hastings. Edwards has also served as a volunteer coach and a food pantry helper in his hometown community.