The Rams will look to start their season 6-0 for the first time since 2001 against the Denver Broncos — their third AFC West opponent of the season.
Here’s an early look at the Denver Broncos (2-3):
- Points Per Game: 27th (20)
- Yards Per Game: 12th (393.8)
- Rushing Yards Per Game: 5th (137)
- RB Phillip Lindsay: 328 Yds, 1 TD
- RB Royce Freeman: 250 Yds, 3 TDs
- WR Emmanuel Sanders: 33 Rec, 386 Yds, 1 TD
For the second straight week, the Rams will be tasked with stopping the run. Much like the Seahawks, the Broncos have been moving the ball well on the ground, using two running backs. Rookie RBs Phillip Lindsay and Royce Freeman will be the Broncos best bet to put points on the board against the Rams defense.
- Points Allowed Per Game: 24th (26.2)
- Yards Allowed Per Game: 26th (395.8)
- Passing Yards Allowed Per Game: 16th (256.2)
- LB Von Miller: 4 Sk, 20 Tkl, 2 FF, 1 Rec
- LB Todd Davis: 34 Tkl, 0.5 Sk
Denver’s defense is anchored by veteran pass rusher Von Miller. Miller has four sacks so far in his eighth year in the NFL, and has recorded at least four sacks in the first five games in each of his last three seasons.
- QB Case Keenum: 1,365 Yds, 5 TDs, 63.5% Cmp, 7 Int, 3 Fum
Los Angeles will meet twice former Ram, quarterback Case Keenum on Sunday. Keenum joined the Broncos in the offseason following his NFC Championship game run with the Minnesota Vikings. In his sixth NFL season, Keenum has struggled with turnovers. He’s thrown seven interceptions and fumbled three times in five games.
- L 34-16 @ NY Jets
The Broncos fell below .500 in Week 5, losing to the Jets in New York. Denver’s defense allowed a whopping 323 rushing yards in the game. Jets running back Isaiah Crowell rushed for 219 yards and one touchdown. Keenum threw for more than 350 yards with two touchdowns, and one interception in New York.
Broncos head coach Vance Joseph is 7-14 (.333) since taking the job in Denver. Sunday will be Joseph’s first meeting with the Rams as a head coach. Joseph was a defensive coordinator in Miami for just a year before joining the Broncos as head coach in 2017. When Wade Phillips was the Texans’ defensive coordinator from 2011-2013, Joseph was Phillips’ defensive backs coach.