THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Rams head coach Sean McVay, linebacker Bobby Wagner each met with local media on Wednesday to preview Sunday's Week 11 matchup against the Saints in New Orleans, discussing the latest on quarterback Matthew Stafford, creating more takeaways on defense, and more.
On Thursday, defensive lineman Aaron Donald, defensive coordinator Raheem Morris and offensive coordinator Liam Coen spoke with the media, discussing adapting to WR Cooper Kupp being sidelined following ankle surgery, Morris teaching defensive back Jalen Ramsey something new last week, and more.
Here are some of the highlights and key takeaways from those conversations, which you can watch in their entirety below.
"We do expect (Stafford) to trend in the right direction and be a full participant all week." – McVay
- Stafford was a full participant in Wednesday's practice and is expected to play against the Saints, according to McVay.
- While McVay expects that Stafford will clear concussion protocol "probably Friday," Stafford remaining in the protocol won't prevent him from participating in practice and meetings.
"You look for more opportunities, do whatever you can. Whether it's watch film, whether it's work out harder, whether it's run more." – Wagner
- When it comes to generating more takeaways for the Rams defense, Wagner indicated it's pretty straightforward and just a matter of capitalizing on what have been previous missed opportunities.
- "The moments are there, we just have to capitalize on the moments," Wagner said.
"We got to just come together and make sure that we're picking it up and making plays as a group." – Robinson
- With leading receiver Cooper Kupp undergoing ankle surgery and being on Injured Reserve, the Rams wide receivers will have to collectively step up to make up for his absence.
- "The thing for us should be just straining to make plays" like tough catches, Robinson said, and doing everything on their part from an execution and preparation standpoint to make plays.
"I just went in there and gave (Kupp) a hug and told him I love him." – Donald
- Donald and the Rams defense will try to hold it down for Kupp over the next few weeks after Kupp was placed on Injured Reserve on Wednesday.
- Donald said his main focus right now is making sure Kupp is good mentally so that Kupp can do everything he can to get himself healthy.
"No, (I can't share what I taught Ramsey), then it wouldn't be special." – Morris
- Morris is understandably keeping that moment between him and Ramsey, but Morris said that they did get a chance last week "to sit in our office and we were able to go over some things that he can do better."
- "Jalen wants to win in the worst way and the best way he can show it is when he comes to my office trying to figure out a different way to make us be better at the highest level," Morris said.
"That's got to be done by committee. It's got to be done by a group of guys that can take on this challenge in a way of an opportunity for them to come in and step up in a big-time spotlight and a big moment for us and their careers and our situation as an offense." – Coen
- It's all hands on deck for the Rams wide receiver room as they adjust to Kupp being placed on IR following akle surgery.
- "We got a committee of guys that really need to step up and they're taking this thing very seriously to come and do that," Coen said.