"I don't think it will be any different than last year."
– QB Jared Goff
- Asked whether he is going to have to make an adjustment to live action once the regular season begins, Goff said it will be the same as last year and that he's not worried about it.
- Even though he understands there's no substitute for those live reps, Goff reiterated he is not concerned about the Rams' approach when it comes to playing starters in the preseason, which is similar to the same method used last year.
- In fact, Goff said he is looking forward to getting his first hit out of the way.
"It went really well. He's going to be out for a long period of time (though)."
– HC Sean McVay
- Following up on LB Micah Kiser's Tuesday surgery for his left pectoral injury, McVay was pleased with how the procedure went.
- It's still premature to assign a timetable for his return, and McVay said the team hasn't discussed injured reserve as an option for Kiser yet.
- At the same time, McVay expressed confidence in how Kiser will attack the rehabilitation process and turn the setback into a positive comeback.
"That's just the approach that we think is best for us."
– HC Sean McVay
- Last year, the Rams' third preseason game saw the first team defense play one series. However, McVay said that will not be happening this year as Los Angeles gets set to face Denver.
- McVay said the reason they went that direction during the 2018 preseason was because of the changes to the defense, namely the addition of a pair of new cornerbacks and defensive tackle Ndomukong Suh.
- The unit's heading into this season, combined with the work the first team defense was able to get in joint practices with the Chargers and Raiders, are the primary reasons why McVay feels comfortable about taking a different approach this year.